Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
- Fixed Term(2 years), Full Time
- School of Engineering & Technology
- CQUniversity Melbourne
- Total Remuneration $114,025 to $135,411 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $96,637 to $114,762 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Your New School:
CQUniversity Australia has been on a phenomenal trajectory in recent years. Its remarkable growth in student numbers, new courses, new campuses, infrastructure and reputation has seen it emerge as one of Australia’s truly great universities. An exciting opportunity exists to join a university that is not only recognised as Australia’s first and only Changemaker Campus by social innovation group Ashoka U, but also for being a renowned research institution and Queensland’s only dual sector university. The School of Engineering and Technology are leaders in industry and community engagement through their activities in education, research and service. They strive to ensure students receive up-to-date, industryfocused, real-world skills by collaborating with industry and businesses.
Your New Role:
As a dual sector University our expertise lies in the provision of high quality on-campus and distance education, where we can provide our students with learning opportunities regardless of their location in Australia or the world. We are seeking a Lecturer – Mechanical Engineering to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of the School and carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and professional activities relevant to the discipline.
You Will Be:
- Delivering quality teaching and learning facilitation experience across a range of teaching and learning styles including flexible delivery modes and multi-campus delivery.
- Building strong professional networks and developing and maintaining working relationships with others that requires interaction and mutual support.
You Will Have:
- Possession of a PhD in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or related discipline with industrial experience or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant industrial experience.
- Membership, or eligible for membership of Engineers Australia (EA).
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching/Education.
- Proven record in scholarship and/or excellence in research, including peer-reviewed publications.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32739
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Tuesday 4th December 2018
Please submit the following documents: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights”. CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.