Lecturer in Electrical Engineering
- Fixed Term (2 years), Full Time
- School of Engineering & Technology
- CQUniversity Melbourne
- Total Remuneration $114,025 to $135,411 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $96,637 to $114,762 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Your New School:
CQUniversity Australia has been on a phenomenal trajectory in recent years. Its remarkable growth in student numbers, new courses, new campuses, infrastructure and reputation has seen it emerge as one of Australia’s truly great universities. An exciting opportunity exists to join a university that is not only recognised as Australia’s first and only Changemaker Campus by social innovation group Ashoka U, but also for being a renowned research institution and Queensland’s only dual sector university. The School of Engineering and Technology are leaders in industry and community engagement through their activities in education, research and service. They strive to ensure students receive up-to-date, industryfocused, real-world skills by collaborating with industry and businesses.
Your New Role:
As a dual sector university our expertise lies in the provision of high quality on-campus and distance education, where we can provide our students with learning opportunities regardless of their location in Australia or the world. In this role, you will play a major role in scholarship, research and professional activities, with a proven research track record through recent published output in the power systems or embedded systems area. You will deliver engaging, teaching and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate university students focussing on power systems or embedded systems across a variety of multi-modal delivery strategies.
You Will Be:
- An experience communicator in popular media, with an active interest in contributing to the School’s areas of research.
- Daring to be different and model the University’s values of Engagement, Leadership, ‘Can Do’ Approach, Openness and Inclusiveness.
You Will Have:
- Possession of a PhD, or equivalent in a relevant discipline area.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching/Education.
- Membership, or eligible for membership of Engineers Australia (EA).
- Proven record in scholarship and/or excellence in research, including peer-reviewed publication.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32738
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Tuesday 4th December 2018
Please submit the following documents: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.