- Serve as a corporate card administrator for Romance Studies, faculty, instructors and staff; this includes processing corporate card expense reports, reconciling bank statements, sending reports of all outstanding corporate card transactions and ensuring that all deadlines are met and all receipts have been turned in and processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare travel and miscellaneous reimbursement forms as well as travel advance requests for faculty, instructors and staff.
- Coordinate, process and follow up on all check requests and purchase orders, this includes payments to foreign visitors and foreign vendors.
- Act as an accounts payable representative for the department, processing invoices, investigating and resolving any unpaid invoices.
- Process all journal vouchers as requested by Business Manager.
- Monitor and reconcile all department accounts with detailed financial statements and maintain a monthly log of reconciliation and correction accounts. Report any findings or gross observations to the Department Business Manager. Follow-up on discrepancies on financial statements as directed by Business Manager. This may require coordinating with appropriate office (accounting or other university areas).
- Responsible for ordering office supplies. Coordinate with appropriate staff on receiving orders and confirming correctness. Follow up with vendor on any discrepancies or problems. Act as department representative with all vendors. Research special requests as needed for availability and pricing consideration.
- Maintain compliant filing system both electronic and paper (if applicable) for financial documentation such as corporate card receipts, packing slips and invoices.
This position also requires you to:
- Interpret policies and procedures pertaining to generally accepted accounting procedures at Duke University
- Stay updated and informed on all financial policies and procedures and related technologiesincluding Buy@Duke and utilize online travel and reimbursement tool
- Maintain good communication with faculty, instructors and staff in the Romance Studies department regarding their expenses and transactions
Excellent organizational, communication, and detail orientation skills Must have strong initiative with the ability to multi-task Proficiency in computer and office programs (i.e. Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
Requisition Number 401514388
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, andbudgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req ID 106542BR