Analyst, Information Technology
The position is responsible for managing IT services, data center, IT staff, and enhancements and programming changes to the Credit Union data processing system.
Assist in the day-to-day management of the computing services and resources to promote the efficient and effective use of capital and human resources; direct the activities of assigned areas.
Reports to Director of Operations
Directs IT Specialist
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Manage core processor projects, including, but not limited to, development of specifications for core processing system changes and system upgrades.
- Collaborate with Credit Union cross-department project teams on planning, implementation, and testing of software changes related to new organizational goals and special projects, including long range planning for future Credit Union projects. Attend management meetings and training sessions as required.
- Determine budgetary requirements for yearly IT expenditures and make recommendations to senior management in preparation for the annual budget; manage and monitor expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Manage and coordinate the maintenance of database systems, internal servers, system backups, documentation and the configuration and installation of new equipment including the supervision of IT staff who will assist with related tasks.
- Exercise judgment with software modification requests and provide guidance with programming modifications in a project team environment for in-house usage, designed to enhance operational efficiencies; manage the implementation and maintenance of software applications used by the Credit Union.
- Design, implement, and maintain the Credit Union data processing system and perform various network and operations administration activities to meet operational requirements that support Credit Union services. Define functional specifications of software systems for the appropriate hardware.
- Manage Help Desk operation and IT staff in support of the Credit Union’s voice/data/video systems in order to diagnose and correct equipment failure and malfunctions; repair or replace malfunctioning equipment; lead future development, enhancements and maintenance of Credit Union systems.
- Evaluate new products and emerging technologies for their suitability within the framework of the current Credit Union architecture.
- Evaluate vendor proposals for hardware and software purchases and make recommendations; assist in the negotiation of contractual terms and prices with hardware and software vendors.
- Serve as Credit Union liaison with representatives of other university computing and related professional organizations to ensure successful interpretation and development of resources.
- Manage relationship with third party vendor representatives to resolve software and hardware problems.
- Analyze departmental needs to determine potential enhancements or improvements to office procedures and activities through computer applications.
- Manage and assist with various network administration activities including, but not limited to, network maintenance and upgrading, workstation and printer maintenance, user account maintenance, network access and backups; maintain, install and upgrade network and stand-alone software; evaluate software applications and recommend appropriate purchases and utilization; serve as troubleshooter for software and hardware problems.
- Manage the annual IT External and Internal audits to ensure Credit Union compliance with state and federal regulations; to also include evaluating the adequacy of internal controls and procedures. Prepare summaries and reports related to the above duties for review by Credit Union Management and other Credit Union elected committees.to help meet Duke Credit Union’s legal, regulatory, and institutional requirements relating to cyber security.
- Manage the cyber security program to include documentation, classification, tracking, reporting, and remediation of security incidents and manage vulnerability assessment activities
- Develop and participate in training programs to promote staff development within Credit Union departments affected by computer systems.
- Consult with Credit Union staff, as required, to provide technical guidance and direction and to develop efficient core processes. Provide information and/or technical assistance to staff concerning the development and maintenance of the computer network or for resolution of special problems.
- Advise managers on proposed changes to the data processing system and manage the implementation of the changes.
- Maintain accurate and current records on repair, installation and removal of equipment; provide appropriate logging and tracking of hardware malfunctions.
- Recommend improvements to computer operating procedures; write and maintain computer procedure manuals and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Performs other such duties as may be required or requested by the Director of Operations.
Position Specifications for Director of Technology
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. Additional certifications in computer technology preferred.
2-3 years experience in local area network management and programming. Background in credit unions or banking operations preferred.
Should be familiar with multiple hardware and operating systems.
Abilities and Skills
Must possess the ability to effectively work by telephone or in person to evaluate and analyze networking needs. Must possess good problem solving and decision-making skills related to the hardware and software used at the credit union including programming ability
- Mobility, Speech, Sight, Hearing, Stooping, Dexterity, Lifting, Bending, and Sitting.
- Organize quarterly meetings with the security committee and report minutes to Credit Union Management and other Credit Union elected committees.
Requisition Number 401513053
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID 106428BR