Operation Coordinator,Admission Office
Operations Coordinator Admissions Office
The Fuqua School of Business Manage communication and processing for all post-decision groups (admitted students, wait listed students, and denied applicants). Spearhead the check for completeness effort for application deadlines, process applications, and act as a liaison to other departments within Duke. Report to the Operations Manager.
- Spearhead the check for completeness effort to collate online application materials with supplemental materials received via email, mail, testing services, and fax across all programs
- Responsible for communication with applicants to track outstanding materials required for file completion and status updates across all programs
- Admitted student status monitoring and support across all programs o Manage tuition deposits o Process withdrawals and declines o Fulfillment of matriculation requirements tracking (MBAMath.com, etc.)
- Provide back up support for Visa processing
- Matriculate/De-Matriculate students across all programs
- Back date as necessary
- Communicate matriculation changes to specified users
- Status monitoring before program start
- Track orientation attendance and follow-up with no-shows
- Maintain Wait list, including email@example.com e-mail account management, and printing and scanning updates/submissions into Slate CRM across all programs
- Prior Year Admits – process deferrals, communication and status monitoring across all programs
- Process applications across all programs
- Prepare the file cabinets to be ready for filing official transcripts and loose materials alphabetically per direction from the Director of Operations
- Contact testing agencies and verify official test scores as needed
- Scan and link loose materials into Slate CRM, if new record is needed
- Track official transcripts including firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail account management, for all programs and track sponsorship letters for EMBA programs for matriculated incoming students
- Manage the Slate inbox for email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail accounts
- Reply to emails from prospective students, as assigned from the admissions general info mailboxes.
- Assist with the training of new employees (within Admissions Office at the Fuqua School of Business) who may be hired to perform data entry into PeopleSoft. Example: Work study students, coworkers, contractors.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree desirable
- Must be very comfortable in a fast-paced and highly computerized environment, including databases, spreadsheets, word processing, web-based applications, and email.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Strong customer service skills
Requisition Number: 401516676
Duke Entity: UNIVERSITY
Job Code: 313 STAFF SPECIALIST
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires three years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office organization, communications and research practices. A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106736BR