Events and Partnerships Manager
Job Classification Title: Marketing Specialist
The Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society (Stanford PACS) is a research center within the School of Humanities and Sciences at Stanford University. Stanford PACS develops and shares knowledge to improve philanthropy, strengthen civil society, and effect social change. It supports six major research initiatives: Civic Life of Cities Lab, Digital Civil Society Lab, Effective Philanthropy Learning Initiative, Global Innovation for Impact Lab, Project on Democracy and the Internet, and Recording Civic Action in China. Stanford PACS also publishes the Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR).
At Stanford PACS, our events play a vital role in communicating our work and our mission to the public. As the Events and Partnerships manager, you will be responsible for creating a strategic annual events calendar and lead all event planning. In order to be successful in this role, you should be a self-motivated individual, who is highly organized, creative, and detail oriented. You will also play a critical role in organizing the Philanthropy Innovation Summit, our signature biennial event with individual philanthropists. You will develop all event materials and will assist in the production of the Annual report and Binder for Advisory Board meetings. You will manage the design and production of all collateral, including brochures, rack cards, posters, etc. Additionally, you will assist in production of the Annual report. Under the guidance of the Director of Partnerships and External Relations, you will also help forge partnerships within and outside Stanford to further PACS’ mission.
Your responsibilities include*:
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze program/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Previous experience in product, program, and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience in long-term event design and planning, and creating a strategic events calendar in line with the organization’s mission and brand.
- Eye for layout and design of programs and other collateral, and experience working with external creative teams/contractors.
- Significant experience with Wordpress, Mailchimp, InDesign, and SalesForce.com.
- Ability to work under deadlines with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with online analytics and trends.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders, including scholars, industry leaders, students and staff.
- Knowledge of and experience in philanthropy/social sector.
- Experience marketing events on social media.
- Experience in a professional academic setting.
- Supervisory experience.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in events management and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.