Student Account Analyst
Each member of the student account analyst team ensures the timely collection of student accounts receivable, serves as a primary contact for students and parents for student account questions, and maintains the accuracy of student account data, bills, and tax reports. This job involves complex account analysis, research, and skilled communication with students, parents, University personnel, and outside vendors.
- Deliver a high-level of prompt, accurate, and courteous customer service to students, parents, sponsors,and colleagues on a consistent basis.
- Employ a solutions-oriented approach with each customer, demonstrating the ability to quickly identify the nuance in each interaction.
- Assess issues and deliver answers/solutions, exercising judgment and latitude where appropriate.
- Analyze and understand student account financial transactions thoroughly when researching problems and before offering answers/solutions.
- Engage fully in all team responsibilities and duties; strive to meet team goals and assume personal responsibility for individual and shared tasks.
- Maintain positive flow of communication with fellow team members.
- Exercise judgment and appropriate care in dealing with confidential student information.
- Communicate and interact, by telephone, e-mail, and in-person - with students and parents in a professional manner.
- Always provide prompt, accurate, and courteous customer service.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in managing complicated and difficult conversations.
- Analyze and research student account issues to effectively respond to customer inquiries and resolve questions.
- Quickly identify issue at hand and determine appropriate course of action. Follow established procedures for collecting past due student accounts.
- Counsel students and parents regarding these accounts and work with them to explore all available options.
- Coordinate these conversations with other central offices (Financial Aid, Student Loans) and contacts in the appropriate schools, as needed.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with the University’s policy on payment of student account charges.
- Assist agencies in the collection of outstanding debts for departed students.
- Communicate with contacts in the schools regarding issues related to past due student accounts, interactions with student sponsors, registration status, and other student account issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable University policies, government regulations, federal aid guidelines, and federal tax reporting rules in order to provide specialized information concerning student accounts, assist with questions regarding 1098-T tax reporting, and maintain confidentiality of student account information.
- Monitor accuracy of student account data through continuous analytical review, analysis, and testing to ensure accuracy of student account bills, sponsor accounts, tax reporting, and other external reporting.
- Maintain environment of strong internal controls over accuracy and timeliness of recording and reporting of student account activity.
- Maintain environment of continuous improvement of all services delivered to students and parents. Provide feedback and direction to management and staff toward achieving this goal. Maintain data for accurate statistics for reporting and analysis to management. Work with students, parents, school contacts, sponsors, and outside vendors to ensure the timely and accurate processing of • Sponsor/third party billings • Payroll deduction plans • TMS monthly payment plans • Duke Tuition Grant and Employee Tuition Reimbursement Work with other team members to coordinate, prioritize and organize activities to meet established goals by assigned deadlines. Provide clear, complete and concise documentation for all student account communications. Other duties as discussed, and as assigned, by supervisor.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving experience
- Highly effective organizational skills
- Strong team player orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a high pressure environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications in a Windows environment
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Three years of experience as an account representative, customer service representative, loan officer, billing and collections specialist, or other similar occupation dealing with direct public customer service.
- Work requires communication, analytical, and organizational skills generally acquired through two years of post-secondary education, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Requisition Number: 401515770
Duke Entity: CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code: 274 STUDENT ACCOUNT ANALYST
Job Family Level: 10
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications and analytical skills generally acquired through two years post-secondary education.
Work requires three years of related experience of a progressively responsible nature to acquire demonstrated customer service, problem-solving, analytical and communication skills necessary to provide effective account representative services to customers. Such occupations may include account representative, customer service representative, loan officer or other similar occupations. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106707BR