Health Safety and Environment Coordinator
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
About UNSW Safety and Environment
The UNSW Health, Safety Wellbeing and Environmental function of UNSW exists to deliver the strategic and operational Health Safety Wellbeing and Environment support to UNSW management, workers, students and the community.
About the role
- $104,618 – $117,875 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Continuing appointment
- Full Time
The Health Safety and Environment Coordinator is responsible for providing Health, Safety Wellbeing and Environmental advice and support to office-based Faculties and Divisions across UNSW. This role also updates and maintains the UNSW health and safety management system related to hazardous manual tasks and undertake ergonomic assessments for the office, workshop or laboratory environments.
The role of Health Safety and Environment Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager UNSW Health and Safety and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Maintain and keep up to date the hazardous manual tasks section of the UNSW health and safety management system
- Implement the Hazardous Manual Tasks program, including the provision of ergonomic assessments to client areas
- Provide high quality and timely advice, strategies, reports and information to senior management on key risks and compliance issues relevant to the Faculty/Division
- Provide practical, workable solutions to health and safety issues that comply with the UNSW health and safety management system, work health and safety legislation, relevant codes of practice and Australian Standards
Specific requirements include:
- Significant experience in hazardous manual task and ergonomic program development and implementation with at least 3 years’ work experience in a relevant field, i.e. physiotherapist, rehabilitation specialist, sports medicine, return to work coordination.
- Relevant degree in health and safety with experience of equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience; equalling at least 5 years’ experience working as a health and safety professional
- Proven ability to undertake workstation and other ergonomic assessments and provision of detailed assessment reports and recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to establish effective working relationships
- Previous experience in coordinating, developing and presenting health, safety and environment training programs to workers and managers
Please address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 0962
Applications close: Tuesday 20th November 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.