Postdoctoral Researcher in Health Sciences
3 days left
- Part Time
The Medical School of the University of Cyprus invites applications for one (1) Post-Doctoral Researcher position for the research programme “Center for epidemiological analyses and data collection, for health risk assessment and for disease modeling in order to inform evidence-based interventions”.
The aim of the project is to develop an integrated system that will collect and manage epidemiological information for Cyprus; to develop and apply methods of health risk assessment and disease modelling; to conduct systematic reviews and meta-analyses; and to provide training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Search, collect, and manage epidemiological information in all fields of public health.
- Develop and implement methods for health risk assessment and disease modelling.
- Conduct systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
- Organize and provide training courses on research methods, on systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and on using the software STATA 14.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Doctoral degree in Epidemiology or in Biostatistics or in Genetic Epidemiology or in Environmental Health or in Biometeorology or in another related field.
- Background in Health Sciences or in Mathematics or in Physics or in another related field.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Post-doctoral work in the field of systematic reviews at an academic institution. Experience in programming and using STATA.
- Experience in epidemiological studies and in analysis of epidemiological data. Very good knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work and cooperate with local and/or international research teams. Applicants do not necessarily need to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.
The position is available on a contract basis for one month (December 2018) with potential extension. The hourly wage for the part-time position (65 hours) is 18.36 Euros (cost of employer). Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus or medical insurance coverage.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF or Word format, via e-mail (email: email@example.com) by November 15th, 2018 by 14:00 and titled “Postdoctoral Position for Medical School”
- Cover letter of interest.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English (with contact address and telephone number).
- Copies of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- Names and contact details of two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more details and clarifications, please contact Assistant Professor Georgios Nikolopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 22-895223).
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher in Health Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly