Student Support Services Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
- Vibrant workplace with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Sydney, Eastern suburbs location
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Student Support and Services function has a central team comprised of four areas (Student Client Services, Student Support and Systems, Student Life and Community and the Pro-Vice Chancellor Education) which will work together, and partner with UNSW Faculties, to deliver shared services and a great student experience.
About the role
- $66K-$77K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until July 2019
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Student Client Services department will drive the continuous improvement cycle for student services, and will oversee the functions for enquiries management, student communications, business process improvement, and the partnership between shared services and Faculties.
This position is responsible for the administration of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs offered by the Engineering Faculty.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant qualification and administrative experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, show initiative and work productively as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills and proven ability to establish priorities and to work with strict deadlines in a busy, high volume, process driven environment with variable workflow patterns.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft applications and demonstrated ability to learn and implement and promote new systems.
- Experience using a student management system would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in an administrative environment.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attend relevant health and safety training.
Level 5 (in addition to the above):
- A relevant degree or equivalent tertiary qualification and relevant administrative and customer service experience in a tertiary organisation (or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience).
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and experience to analyse and resolve complex and sensitive issues efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and contribute to the development of policies, systems, manuals, rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with coordinating and managing administrative services in student service matters.
This is a broadband level 4/5 position. When addressing the selection criteria please identify which level you are applying for.
TO APPLY - please submit your application including a resume, cover letter and written response addressing the selection criteria nominated in the Position Description. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Penny Spencer, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:00pm 18th November 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity