Student Engagement Coordinator
- Salary: From $81,841 to $90,339 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment type: Full-time (2 year fixed term)
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
This is an exciting time to join the Macquarie University International College (MUIC) and the English Language Centre (ELC). We are seeking an experienced and strategically minded Student Engagement Coordinator to join the MUIC-ELC Student Services Team. In this role you will coordinate the implementation of an integrated student engagement program in collaboration with the relevant central campus teams, faculties and other offices. You will have exceptional networking skills to build and maintain relationships across the university, and specifically with the central student support and service delivery teams to e.g. develop and promote social and community activities. With the support of your engagement officer, volunteers and the Student Services team of volunteers to deliver student engagement activities, communications and events across the student lifecycle.
Drawing on your breadth of experience gained in a similar role, ideally within the Higher Education sector or similar, you will work with minimum supervision, show initiative and anticipate requirements, ensuring deadlines and objectives are met. With a high level of energy, you will have outstanding communication skills and a keen attention to detail. You will have excellent organisational skills and be experienced in event coordination, delivery of social programs and activities. You will have demonstrated experiences of working proactively in a team within a flexible and fast paced environment. If you have experience in and are confident engaging with student issues, particularly with the needs of young students and international students, this is a role you will thrive in.
MUIC provides local and international students with an alternative pathway to the University’s undergraduate degree offerings. At MUIC, students can complete a Foundation or Intensive program to enter the first year of a Macquarie University undergraduate degree, or a Diploma program to then enter the second year of a Macquarie University undergraduate degree. The ELC prepares international students for university study through the delivery of English language and academic literacy programs. At the ELC, students can study a Direct Entry preparation program, Academic English, General English or a Study Tour program as a stand-alone offering, or as preparation for university study.
Macquarie University is engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position please apply online. You should attach your resume; and in a separate cover letter (maximum 3 pages) outline how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing, coordinating and implementing an integrated student engagement program of events for international and domestic students.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing, coordinating and implementing a student communications strategy (utilising social media and programs to send out bulk communications across the student lifecycle) using traditional and social media channels.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in planning, organising and coordinating multiple student events (orientation, graduations, student recruitment, engagement events, student calendar etc.)
- Demonstrated skills and experience with student management systems; event management, CRM and communication systems (examples may include; Event apps, Cvent, Marketo, Survey Monkey, Citrix, iLearn, RTO manager, Microsoft office suite)
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing and mentoring staff and volunteers.
Specific Enquiries: Hayden Barter, Student Services Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Patsy Moss on email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday, 20 November 2018 (11:55pm) AEDT