Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, Education
The College of Arts, Society and Education (CASE) at James Cook University is currently seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Guidance & Counselling, Career Development, & Education at our Townsville campus to teach in its postgraduate programs. The appointee will: teach in their discipline areas. The appointee will support community engagement and work collaboratively with schools and relevant organisations in the Tropics and support the University’s Strategic Intent.
James Cook University
Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
College of Arts, Society and Education
- Teaching in Guidance and Counselling, Career Development and Inclusive Education (Early Childhood Education, Primary, or Secondary).
- Administration commensurate with level of appointment, that is, subject and/or course co-ordination.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University’s values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, Education is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, Education is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, Education is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria. These criteria must be addressed in your application under the heading of Selection Criteria.
- Possess: (a) a PhD or a Masters in Guidance and Counselling, and Career Development with equivalent professional experience and (b) be eligible for teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers, registration as a counsellor with the Australian Counselling Association, and as a career development practitioner with Career Development Association of Australia.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience and engagement in school settings, successful guidance and counselling and career development experience.
- Ability to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in the discipline areas of Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, Inclusive Education and Professional Practices.
- Demonstrated successful experience working collaboratively in teams, as well as, engagement with schools, relevant organisations, community agencies and professional bodies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a collegial manner, and demonstrated organisational and administrative skills.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, James Cook University’s Strategic Intent and focus on the Tropics
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in the higher education sector.
- Experience / familiarity with blended delivery modes including synchronous and asynchronous delivery.
- Current research and recent publication in programs in a discipline area in Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, Education and Professional Practices.
- Supervision of Higher education students in Guidance and Counselling, Career Development, and Inclusive Education (Early Childhood Education, Primary, or Secondary).