Refrigerator/Heating,Ventilation,and Air Conditioning.
CFC certification required. Work requires North Carolina license in H1,H2, H3 or Refrigeration.
- Perform journeyman level work to maintain, troubleshoot, repair,balance and perform analysis on all types of heating,ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment systems, designs and applications. Perform duties assigned to lower level positions in the HVACR series as needed.
- Maintain,troubleshoot and repair centrifugal and screw chillers.
- Make checks and changes in building level controls.
- Perform site survey on new construction/renovation; review new construction/renovation blueprints;review HVAC designs and applications.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair fume hoods and HVAR research equipment;troubleshoot electronics and electronic/pneumatic equipment; troubleshoot variable frequency drives.
- Perform air balance and water balance.Screw, bolt, rivet, weld and braze parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors,pneumatic and electronic controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses,valves,pumps,compressors, condensers and pipes.
- Pump specified gas or fluid into system; start system, observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature; dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components;replace or adjust defective or worn parts to repair systems; test and treat condenser and chilled water systems and add appropriate chemicals to adjust to proper concentration level.
- Install wiring to connect components to electrical power source.
- Use Facilities Automated Control System to locate system problems and take corrective action; trouble shoot and repair all air conditioning units, water coolers, split systems, heat pumps and mixing boxes; trouble shoot, repair and adjust pneumatic,electronic and line voltage controls;maintain and repair air handlers to include adjusting air flows and temperatures to achieve energy savings and comfort level.
- Perform duties assigned to lower level positions in HVACR series as needed, to include performing maintenance and repair on HVAC and refrigeration equipment and systems, troubleshooting building,waterside, and air side systems through performance analysis, preventive maintenance, identifying, installing, maintaining and disposing of all types of filters, cleaning mechanical room, picking up and delivering parts, and assisting higher level heating, ventilation,air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) mechanics.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number: 401448941
Duke Entity: CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code: 963 REFRIG & HVAC TECH
Family Level: 09
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an educational background normally equivalent to a high school education, and training in safety procedures, air distribution systems, fundamentals of energy management, advanced DDC control strategies, advanced programming, advanced blueprint reading, advanced electrical schematic reading, pneumatic controls, predictive maintenance technologies, hydronics, applied psychometrics, water and air balancing, and fume hood maintenance and operation.CFC certification required.Work requires North Carolina license in H1, H2, H3 or Refrigeration.
Work requires skills in refrigerant management, soft soldering,brazing, blueprint reading, meg motors, electrical schematic diagnostics, equipment installation, electrical troubleshooting,calibration techniques, troubleshooting hydronic, pneumatic and electronic systems, and computer analysis of operating system, as well as a working knowledge of water balancing and air balancing, generally acquired through 6 years of experience in the HVACR field OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID102528BR