General Description of the Job Class
The Application Analyst couples knowledge of business practices/operations with knowledge of information systems to implement, maintain and support Duke Health IT applications.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level 1
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with supervision.
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business unit.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.
- Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction.
- Identifies internal resources to build project team performance.
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvement.
Level 2- In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Applies best practices to the management of the information system life cycle.
- Analyzes, modifies, designs and researches information systems and processes.
- Analyzes customer requirements and workflows; researches, designs, acquires and implements innovative systems.
- Assists in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
- Provides analysis and advanced support including hardware maintenance, trouble shooting, component replacement and repair, system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions including maintenance, available security controls, as well as assisting in vulnerability management.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments.
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction.
- Initiates, writes and evaluates system, operational and department documentation.
- Identifies areas for procedural and service improvements.
- Provides detailed specifications describing application offering enhancements.
- Vendor Management
- Security Management
- Implementation/Upgrades/Patches (planning/coordination/validation)
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Operations/Performance Management
- Application/User Support per SLA
- Account Management
- Application Retirement
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor’s degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Level 2- Four years of related experience is required.
Preferred experiences include:
- Modern EHRs, Health Care Delivery or Support Role, Project Coordination, Team Leadership/Management
- Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Level 1, 2- If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
- Level 1- Customer service Critical thinking Reporting
- Effective oral and written communication User technical support/training Databases
- Client server management Application/service optimization
- Project coordination
**Preferred application support, system administration or networking/interface backgrounds**
Requisition Number: 401515600
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 3839 DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST
Job Family Level: CD
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
LEVEL 1: If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
LEVEL 2: In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
LEVEL 3: In addition to the requirements described for the Level 2, the Level 3 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req: ID106669BR