Food System Manager,Dining Service
Nature of Responsibilities:
Manage the day to day operations for the CBORD Food service System for all on-campus Duke Dining locations.Responsible for systems for analyzing/bench marking, input, ongoing maintenance of Duke Dining’s menus, recipes and nutritional information/content, retail pricing, meal plans to ensure all content is up-to-date, correct and market/industry relevant and equitable. Functionally responsible to Student Affairs Data Steward for adhering to University and Division data standards. Create and sustain a welcoming and trusted environment for students, staff, faculty and guest to rely on all CBORD information for allergen, nutrition, lifestyle and menu content. Support and carry out the vision and direction of Duke Dining.
1. Responsible for the management of the CBORD food management system including menu planning,nutrition analysis, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CBORD systems. Provide training to Duke Dining and vendor staff on the CBORD food management system. Review and maintain nutritional and allergen information of all food products working closely with Duke Dietitian to maintain or enhance nutrition and /or allergen quality. Participate in menu development (e.g. new menus, seasonal menus etc.) to ensure nutritional and allergen analysis is completed and maintained. 40%
2. Adhere to University and Division data standards. Design and implement training for all end users on the CBORD modules and the CBORD generated management reports. Demonstrate effective working relationships with technical,operational, vendor clients. Work in collaboration with Student Affairs IT, Data Steward, CBORD, and Budget Office to provide system of reporting information, database issues, and testing of system upgrades and enhancements prior to implementation. Monitor established measurable standards of CBORD performance. Assess data from customer feedback of services quality. Monitor results and respond to findings to ensure continuous improvement in process and programs as well as high levels of satisfaction for students, guest and the Duke community. 30%
3. Plan and conduct meetings with staff to ensure compliance with CBORD practices, and policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards. Identify and analyze training needs and design and implementation programs to address deficiencies. Create and maintain creative, positive solution oriented attitude in the workplace. 20%
4. Represent the department as required on regional CBORD usergroup conferences, committees, task force and teams. Make presentations on departmental initiatives as required. Lead the development, implementation, maintenance and integration to CBORD users across sites. Stay abreast of trends and patterns within the industry and make recommendations for changes to the Dining program. 10%
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree Experience: Work generally requires a minimum of two years of related experience within a large, comprehensive environment or retail dining operation. Three or more years of experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work as a member of a team; develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with proven ability to manage concurrent projects and processes
- Experience with CBORD or similar food management system
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated commitment to customer service; familiarity with food management systems; and a proven track record of success working within the policies and procedures of a large complex organization. Proven track record with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.Ability to develop and analyze menus and recipes and excellent computer skills.
Requisition Number: 401514992
Duke Entity: UNIVERSITY
Job Code: 2820 FOOD SYSTEM MANAGER
Job Family Level: 12
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree.
Work requires a minimum of two years of related experience within a large, comprehensive environment or retail dining operation. Three or more years of experience preferred.
Auto req: ID106589BR