IT Manager, Academic Support Team
Job Title: IT Manager
Hours per week: 40
This position reports to the Director of Academic Support Team and will be primarily responsible for the management of personnel in the technology support team in this organization. The manager provides communication and technical direction in the support and maintenance of Academic Support Team function and maintains liaison with DHTS management and customer representatives.
The Academic Support Team has the day-to-day responsibilities for research and administrative based areas in School of Medicine and support to all Duke Medicine Executive Leadership.
- Manage projects and technical tasks for a team of analysts in support of the above role
- Provide customer education related to best technology usage and best practice in research environment.
- Assist in developing technical and research/security compliance knowledge of staff
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to the team
- Work with the management team to develop a strategic vision
- Manage the day-to-day staff activities and assignments as well as all Academic Support Team functions and personnel
- Monitor staff project progress and report status and metrics to the Academic Support Team Director IT
- Evaluate requests for service and prioritize and assign resources in order to maximize customer satisfaction
- Participate in other project planning efforts as they relate to Academic Support Team initiatives, including project management on key efforts
- Forecast and manage operating budgets
- Perform all personnel management functions, including hiring, firing, and personnel evaluations and performance reviews, including disciplinary action when required
- Provide administrative oversight to ensure security compliance:
- Assess, review and oversee System Security, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery Plans, ensuring consistency with Duke Medicine policies and standards regarding security and HIPAA and IRB compliance.
- Assess, review, and oversee system and process measures to protect Duke systems from external and internal security attacks.
- Assess, review, and oversee system and process measures for managing and securing access to Duke systems.
- Identify violations of existing security standards and best practices and escalate appropriately
- Continually improve security processes and standards.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Required:BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant training or experience
- Prior project management/team leadership/supervisory experience
- 3 - 5 years of related technology support experience
- Preferred: Clinical research and /or Duke experience
- Required:Good analytical skills, ability to work well with others, handle multiple
- Simultaneous assignments, and work without close supervision
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/team building and organization/time management skills
- Strong business skills with an attention to end user and customer satisfaction
- Preferred:Technical knowledge relevant to the medical research environment
Technical Audit experience
- CISA and or CSSP certification
- FISMA Compliance experience
- Human Research Data security and management experience.
The information above describes the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of position incumbents.
Requisition Number: 401513847
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 2425 MANAGER, IT
Job Family Level: C
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req: ID106521BR