Linen Services Assistant
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume along with their online application. Applications received without an attached resume will not be considered.
- Coordinate new linen accounts and maintain existing linen accounts through direct telephone contact and correspondence with customers.
- Confirm customer requirements regarding type and volume of linen.
- Process and pack linen orders and coordinate timely pickup and delivery.
- Monitor and report on level of linen inventories to insure that adequate linen supplies are maintained to fill all orders.
- Maintain appropriate files and documentation for all new and established campus accounts.
- Make special laundry deliveries by Laundry van when regular delivery trucks are not available.
- Locate missing laundry.
- Assist campus driver when necessary.
- Other request or assignments as given by management.
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with internal and external customer.
- Retrieve linen orders from fax machine, determine quantities needed for each customer from fax copy and fill the orders accordingly.
- Complete all necessary paper work.
- Pack linen from the conveyor belt into robo carts for delivery.
- Fill basket orders for satellite areas.
- Stage carts delivery to satellite units.
- Identify and tag all full carts.
- Retrieve processed linen items needed for orders from within the plant.
- Pack out miscellaneous cart for CW.
- Inform supervisor of item shortages for any linen orders.
- Fill out and maintain all paper work for LSA area.
- Clean assigned areas of work and equipment daily and maintain an organized work area.
- Must be able to read and write English well.
- Must be able to push and or pull carts up to 800+ pounds.
- Must be able to stand on feet all day - full shift.
- Must be able to withstand high temperatures for long periods of time.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM depending on the assignment. Overtime may be required on Saturdays, before shift, and after shift.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.