Technical Lead, Automation and Monitoring
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Services
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 (HEW 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Platform Services, the successful incumbent will provide technical leadership across the University of Melbourne’s Enterprise Platform Services team to continually improve the current environments, systems and processes through the continuous development and use of automation tools, TechOps methodologies and advanced monitoring and alerting.
- The appointee will have:tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience.
- Training and certification in core automation and monitoring tools or infrastructure platforms would be advantageous.
- Experience and ability to script with most of the following languages and frameworks– PowerShell, Python, REST APIs, Perl and their extended libraries.
- Experience with integrating and provisioning with cloud service providers including AWS and Azure.
- Experience in writing and maintaining automation scripts and configuration management tooling. Experience in the creation and ongoing changes required to support CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to lead, demonstrate and transfer knowledge to members of direct team and other groups as required to promote the use of automation and monitoring in delivering self-service and quality platforms.
- Root cause problem analysis expertise and detailed technical understanding of various infrastructure technologies (automation, monitoring, storage, backup, networking and virtualisation) encompassing enterprise solutions, and the ability to apply these in a high-availability context within a demanding environment.
- Experience in managing external vendors and outsourced services to deliver effective service outcomes.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 19 Nov 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For full position information and to apply online go to: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/422/ci/en/job/898087/technical-lead-automation-and-monitoring