Senior Digital Curator
Department Name Research and Graduate Studies
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Digital Curator of QU Press will be responsible for the maintenance and update of information in the publishing software of QU Press. He/she will be responsible for establishing archiving procedures (for publication files), life-cycle plans for hardware, and handling routine needs of the Press staff. He/she and the team will export the Press’s publication metadata to the website and industry online distribution channels. He/she will set-up the database for handling the back-office operations related to curation. He/she will also handle other related ITS requirements for the Press.
- To handle the content management and feed of production softwares of the Press.
- To create an archiving system that guarantee ease of search and connection to other library and distribution systems.
- To develop and upgrade the archiving system of QU Press.
- To improve the listing of books and articles on the website in order to optimize search, readability and marketing of books and articles of the press, which will foster indexing of journals and improve sales of books.
- To align the archiving processes with local and international libraries and distribution agencies.
- To develop the publishing softwares of the Press, in a way to decrease time of publication while improving the quality.
- To assist QU Press team and clients with archiving and other IT related matters.
- To train external or internal parties on archiving matters of the Press when required.
Education and Certifications:
- Library or related studies with strong knowledge in ITS softwares, systems and digital services.
- Arabic (required)
- English (required)
Experience: - Minimum of 3 years of experience in archiving services of a library or University Press. - To demonstrate high knowledge and interest in IT technologies related to archiving. - Experience in customer service in a library or publishing press.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 06-Jan-2019