Learning Designer, Academy for Continuing Professional Development in Education
- Salary Package: HEW Level 7, $92,143 - $99,903 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 9.5% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: part-time, fixed term to 29 Apr 2020 (14 hours/week)
- Location: Macquarie University (Macquarie Park, North Ryde)
In this role you will be required to design and develop professional learning courses for internal and external stakeholders to enable blended, face to face, and online teaching and learning, building on universal design and best practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing expert advice to on course design, pedagogy and technology
- Developing tailored educational design solutions, based on an understanding of educational and technology issues and methodologies
- Ongoing development and management of our LMS capabilities, including resolution of technical issues, testing functionality, and monitoring client usage
- Designing and producing digital resources such as videos, animation and graphic elements, to incorporating into learning design
- Developing and maintaining an online Community of Practice for developers and facilitators
You will be a passionate learning designer with strong technical skills. You will be familiar with course design and development in Brightspace (or similar) and have a strong understanding of educational design and pedagogical principles.
The successful applicant will be confident engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders, and will create and deliver educational programs and professional development courses for a range of audiences.
The Academy of Continuing Professional Development in Education is a part of the Department of Educational Studies. The Academy offers many diverse professional development courses from across Macquarie University, enabling teachers to learn directly from the experts who are leaders in their fields. Course content is evidence-based and relevant to both the curriculum and challenges faced by educators today.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below.
- Degree in education/educational technologies
- Experience in designing and delivering professional development courses
- Proven ability to develop innovative methodologies and demonstrated experience in online, blended and face to face educational design
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively
- High level of written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated use of development tools or web development technologies for creating interactive/eLearning content (e.g. Captivate, Storyline, HTML5) (desirable)
Enquiries: Leanne Bamford Barnes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 18th November 2018, 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.