Department Name Research and Graduate Studies
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Website Developer of QU Press will be responsible for the website design, structure, maintenance, update and development. He/she will be responsible for the content management of the website and development of website services. He/she may also handle related routine needs of the Press employees. He/she will set-up the database for handling the back-office operations of the press related to (acquisitions, accounts receivable/accounts payable, rights, permissions royalties, inventory, CMS, sales and marketing). He/she may collaborative work with other QU Press members on promotional videos for QU Press products.
- To handle the content management system (CMS) of QU Press website.
- To handle the back office operations of the press related to (acquisitions, accounts receivable/accounts payable, rights, permissions royalties, inventory, CMS, sales and marketing
- To handle the IT application of online sales and payment systems.
- To develop and design QU Press website in collaboration with related QU departments.
- To develop the digital services for a better customer experience.
- To develop ways to ease marketability and promotion of QU press products and services.
- To assist QU Press employees with other related IT enquiries.
Education and Certifications
- IT or web-design studies.
- Arabic (required)
- English (required)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in web-design within a University, Press, Library or research related institution.
- To demonstrate high knowledge and interest in IT technologies and website development.
- To demonstrate knowledge in publishing services and applications.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract. Salary is commensurate with experience. Tax-free salary. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 06-Jan-2019