Food Production Associate
Perform a variety of routine and intermediate tasks in the preparation of foodstuffs; interpret recipes, cook and assemble large quantities of food for hospital cafeterias and/or patient food Perform a wide variety of intermediate and complex tasks in the preparation of foodstuffs; interpret recipes, cook and assemble large quantities of food for hospital cafeterias and/or patient food service;assume lead worker duties as directed.
Level I directed.equipment.Level II standards.
- Assemble ingredients to prepare foods according to standard recipes;measure,weigh, portion and label according to established guidelines; read and interpret instructions.
- Set up and prepare supplies and equipment for daily food preparation to include ovens, ranges,grills, fryers, broilers and steam units.
- Operate and monitor proper functioning of equipment to include blenders, meat slicers, mixers and choppers; follow all safety procedures for using equipment and chemicals; clean and sanitize equipment after use.
- Prepare food items according to instructions and recognized safe food handling practices;monitor and observe food during the cooking process; regulate temperatures and/or timing of cooked foods.
- Detect and report improperly prepared food or food that does not meet
- Assist in the care and maintenance of work areas and alert supervisors to problems and needs as they arise.
- Perform all of the duties and responsibilities of Level I
- Prepare entrees, casseroles, special dishes and complex food items requiring multiple steps and sequences during preparation.
- Read, interpret, and review instructions for possible errors relating to specified quantities,ingredients, proportions or mixtures; refer inaccuracies to supervisor.
- Take appropriate corrective action for improper functioning
- Assist supervisor in training employees; provide instructions and guidance as needed; assumes lead responsibility for assigned work as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Level I Level II employees
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, to interpret recipes, to use fractions to modify proportions and to mix, measure and/or prepare ingredients.
- Ability to demonstrate safe food handling practices and to follow safety procedures for using equipment and chemicals.
- Same as Level I plus willingness to learn new skills (ie. computer)
- Ability to review recipes and instructions for possible errors relating to specified quantities, ingredients,proportions or mixtures.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to provide instructions and train other Level Characteristics Level II Involves more complex preparations of foodstuffs and morereview for possible errors.Serves as lead worker and trainer of other employees as directed.
Requisition Number 401512595
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4066 FOOD PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I Work requires one year institutional food preparation experience.Level II Work requires two years institutional food preparation experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID 106503BR