NURSE MANAGER, AC - Duke Neurology Of Raleigh
Provides oversight of all non-provider, clinical personnel for Duke Neurosciences of Raleigh.Ensures clinic compliance with Duke Health System, PDC and Joint Commission standards.
- Developing, Implementing and Monitoring Clinical Protocols and Policies
- Joint Commission Compliance Rounding and Site Management
- Preparing and Conducting Performance Reviews
- Supply Ordering and Inventory
- Maintaining Joint Commission Personnel Folders
- Employee Rounding, Counselling and Development
- Managing Employee Performance / Human Resources Issues / Time and Attendance
- Staffing for CMA / Nurse Shortages and Call-Outs/Leave 9. Developing Clinic Staffing Schedules
- Ad Hoc Leadership and Provider Requests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous work history managing diverse teams of 10-25 individuals,with varied roles
- Ability to handle multiple, competing tasks while managing various,high-priority deadlines
- Ability to drive improvements in service by monitoring metrics,analyzing data,synthesizing protocols for enhancement, employee training and providing consistent employee feedback
- Ability to make informed, intuitive decisions in a timely manner while functioning in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal# Previous experience in presenting to groups of up to 50 people
- Ability to interface daily with patients and address their needs immediately to resolution
- Ability to interface with multiple physician clinics and associated clinic personnel
- Strong customer and team-building focus
- Strong critical thinking skills as they pertain to clinical expertise
- Ensures a state of high-quality, efficient care
- Able to effectively collaborate and coordinate care with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with policy and protocol development
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Bachelors of Science in Nursing
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- 3 years nursing experience 3 years management experience with multidisciplinary practices
- Ambulatory nurse management experience strongly preferred
- Experience with moderate sedation preferred
- Meet all requirement set forth by the Clinical Ladder Committee
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
BSN is required
- Develop Budget Recommendations
- Certified Medical Assistants - 8
- Radiology Technicians - 2
- Registered Nurses - 3
- Licensed Practical Nurses - 3
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.be able to lift 50 lbs.Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number: 401515154
Duke Entity: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code: 5401 NURSE MANAGER, AC
Job Family Level: G2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. Master's degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
Three years of nursing experience is required.
Auto req: ID106648BR