Associate Director, Women's Programs
Job Code: 3483
Job Grade: I
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Division of External Relations at the Stanford GSB
The Division of External Relations has dual and complementary missions:
- To engage and educate Stanford GSB alumni throughout their lives, for their own professional and personal growth, as well as to promote the GSB product and mission worldwide;
- To educate our future alumni (our students) and our current alumni on the priorities of the GSB and the significance of their involvement in these priorities, and to raise current use and endowment funding from graduating students, alumni, parents, friends, foundations and corporations worldwide to support the GSB programs, community and campus.
Within the Division, the Department of Alumni Relations plays a signature role in engaging, educating, supporting and celebrating our alumni in their communities, and here on campus.
Associate Director, Women’s Programs
Are you passionate about supporting the careers of professional women and launching the next generation of female business leaders?
Women’s Programs within the GSB Department of Alumni Relations are guided by four visions. We seek to:
- Equip our students with the practical insights, tools, and confidence to create, influence, and lead diverse organizations.
- Support our alumnae by providing robust career resources and a diverse professional network to discover, navigate, and advance their desired career paths.
- Empower personal growth by cultivating a supportive and engaged alumnae community.
- Generate research and promote thought leadership to advocate for gender equality in the workplace.
The Associate Director, Women’s Programs will work collaboratively with alumni volunteers, staff, faculty, and students to execute a robust set of initiatives, including: Women’s Circles, a rapidly-expanding group of regional and virtual communities that currently engage 10% of all GSB alumnae; student/alumni programs and activities that build bridges across generations; the Stanford Women on Boards initiative, seeking to increase the number of women serving on public, private and nonprofit boards; various communication channels to promote the school’s gender research; strengthening and expanding the alumni network to offer guidance to one other; helping to inform school priorities around women, equity, and inclusion.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in strategic and long-term program planning.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers and volunteer led projects.
- Evaluate alumni programs and services for customer satisfaction.
- Work with other departments within External Relations and across campus to identify and implement new markets and develop new program strategies.
- Represent the organization to internal and external groups regarding business and program activities.
- Negotiate high level contracts with vendors and oversee the quality of delivered products and services.
- Participate in and/or oversee budgeting, forecasting, and cost negotiations for alumni events and programs.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of graduate education and relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to represent the GSB professionally both internally and externally.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with volunteer development and oversight.
- Strong interpersonal, team, and leadership skills; tact and flexibility in working with diverse population groups.
- Ability to juggle a vast quantity of incoming information, interruptions, and inquiries with a high level of professionalism and tolerance for ambiguity.
- Proven decision-making skills and the ability to understand and solve complex questions.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems.
- * Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.