Marketing Communication Specialist
2 days left
- Full Time
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Cell & Developmental Biology is hiring a Marketing Communications Specialist to maintain and enhance CDB’s websites and intranet, create internal eUpdates and quarterly eNewsletters to our alumni, utilizing social media and other avenues to promote the research activities in the department, and developing methods to make CDB highly visible and enticing to future graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty. This position works closely with the Chief Administrator. The selected candidate should enjoy change and using their creative energies to find new techniques/media to promote the amazing research occurring in the department.
- Enhance and manage websites (CDB, Developing Future Biologists, BioArtography) and intranet.
- Design and implement changes to the Department website to focus on PhD education.
- Promote and make CDB visible to alums and prospective members including faculty, postdocs, students and staff using research stories, videos, and promotional materials. Ensure materials, publications, newsletters, etc. are accurate, timely, and consistent in branding with the Medical School. Solicit/evaluate feedback regarding communications, make appropriate improvements.
- Develop and write print publications (i.e., newsletters, brochures, etc.) and electronic products (website articles, e-newsletters, websites, social media posts, etc.). Coordinate and develop communications for large projects, multiple projects and projects with high visibility, such as recruiting materials, student group information and the department website.
- Build internal and external audiences and promote department messages through a dynamic set of multimedia channels, especially social media and video.
- Participate in the planning, execution, and evaluation of various departmental events.
- One or more years of graphic design experience across a variety of digital and print media.
- Demonstrated experience developing progressively complex web-based applications following best practices in security, technical programming, and web accessibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with project management, including successful launch and implementation of new initiatives.
- Must take initiative and act independently, have diplomacy and a service-orientated attitude.
- Strong team player; commitment to creativity, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Ongoing commitment to improving skills, acquiring new technical knowledge, and staying current with innovative design trends.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of higher education/research environment particularly in biological sciences.
- Understanding of University and Medical School branding models and policies.
- Experience across a variety of media including a fluency in Adobe Acrobat, After Effects, InDesign, and Premier.
Salary will depend on experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.