Rehabilitation Technology Supplier
As a Rehabilitation Technology Supplier at Michigan Medicine, you will work within a diverse environment to evaluate patients and make recommendations for assistive technology equipment. We are a multidisciplinary team that processes orders within all insurance guidelines, while managing multiple patient caseloads within established quality improvement goals. We would love for you to join our fun and ambitious team.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- Moving expense reimbursement
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Work phone, laptop and vehicle for business use
- Financial support for continuing education and certifications
What duties would you be responsible for?
- Evaluation of patients for mobility and seating systems.
- Joining a compromised team of: patient, caregiver, physician, therapist, case manager.
- Set up equipment for simulation.
- Completing equipment order forms.
- Crafting pricing quotations.
- Working with Bio-Med Technician (Assembly) on final assembly and quality assurance.
- Delivery and fitting equipment.
- Communicating with the rehabilitation team on any charges of equipment or patient status
- The initiative to achieve the goals of the patient's service plan
- Communicating insurance coverage benefits, limitations and other issues.
Other Related Duties:
- Follows all University of Michigan and departmental standards and expectations.
- Complies with all University of Michigan and departmental standards and expectations.
- Supports the department’s commitment to continuous improvement activities and principles through positive and respectful contribution in all problem-solving and change processes at WSS.
- Participates in department committees and work teams as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and inservice classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- RESNA ATP certified or eligible for RESNA ATP exam within one year.
- Active NRRTS membership or eligible with in minimum required time frame.
- A working knowledge of insurance/billing requirements and reimbursement levels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong desire to maintain a high level of quality standard or practice.
- Willing and able to attend seminars and trade shows to maintain certifications and NRRTS membership.
- Minimum Associates degree in physical medicine or related curriculum, or High school diploma with equivalent work experience (2 years).
- Valid driver’s license.
- The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Functional visual acuity and hearing for accurate assessment and recording of patient observations and information.
- Manual dexterity to perform required procedure activity proficiently and safely.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds to perform transfer of medical, surgical equipment and supplies.
- 3-5 years’ rehabilitation experience may include Clinical, Technician, or RTS.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in physical medicine or related curriculum.
This is a 40 hour per week position, typical working hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Supervision Received: Department supervisor and management.
Supervision Exercised: No functional or administrative supervision is exercised.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.