Research Project Manager
Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) is an independent university institute formed at Masaryk University as a part of scientific centre of excellence, CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology. CEITEC MU represents a key part of the state-of-the-art research infrastructure equipped with cutting-edge facilities and excellent conditions for fundamental, as well as, applied research, especially in the area of Life Sciences.
Our institute’s modern building can be found at University Campus Brno-Bohunice.
For more information, please go to our website: https://www.ceitec.cz/ceitec-masarykova-univerzita/in1
At the Grants Office, we submit well over 120 proposals to various grant schemes each year, including ca. 30 to foreign agencies. We also run training events, information sessions, and workshops, and advise individual researchers on tailored funding strategies. A job at the Grant Office thus entails constant learning, tackling diverse and challenging tasks that require skills ranging from budgeting to creative writing.
We are looking to strengthen our team with a new colleague who does not want to continue her/his scientific career, but plans to keep close to science. In the Grants Office, you may build upon your Life Science research experience and develop it in a different context and mode of operation. We support scientists in making their ideas attractive to funders, shaping dozens of interesting visions each year into clear and coherent projects.
Are you ready to take this challenge?
Are great teamwork and work-life balance some of the most attractive benefits to you?
We will be glad to welcome you to our team.
- Management and coordination of project proposal preparation, proposal writing, and support with budget preparation.
- Searching for and active creation of opportunities for project submission, especially internationally collaborative projects in the area of Life Sciences.
- Information service for researchers.
- Participation in trainings, workshops, and information days about research grants.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English.
- Proactive approach, excellent communication skills, ability to negotiate in multicultural environment, willingness to travel, and organizational skills.
- Systematc and responsible approach to work, and an ability to follow and enforce strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with research in the field of Life Sciences.
Desirable, but Not Required:
- Experience in project management or administration, especially in the international environment.
What We Offer:
- Full-time job at an excellent scientific university institute.
- Interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, strongly internationalized environment.
- Independent and responsible work.
- Friendly and open team.
- Work-life balance.
- Opportunity to learn from colleagues, as well as from a growing network of knowledge-exchange partners from abroad.
- Plenty of benefits such as: 6 weeks of paid holiday, contribution to pension scheme, lunch vouchers, and Menza MU university canteen meals.
Start Date: To be agreed
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter in the English language to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the position title in the subject of your e-mail message.