- Provides leadership and direction to a major function or multiple departments within a related function across the entire health system. Typically reports to a system-level executive.
- Plan functional or clinical operations, developing policies and procedures.
- Through subordinate managers and directors, apply policies, staff the various departments, develop and administer the system-wide function's budget.
- Participate in the development of plans and programs as a strategic partner in evaluating and advising on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs and strategies and regulatory interaction.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the health system.
- Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals and business trends of function in order to assist senior health system leadership in performing their responsibilities.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities
- Position requires a system-wide scope of responsibility and the need to integrate operations across organizational units.
Requisition Number: 401509894
Duke Entity: DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code: 5539 ADMINISTRATOR & ASSOC DEAN, DCI
Job Family Level: M2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
An advanced degree, preferably an MHA or MBA is required.
Ten years of experience is required, with at least five years in management in a health care organization.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req: ID106163BR