Standardized Patient/Patient Actor
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION
Perform a variety of duties involved in the portrayal of actual patients.
- Perform a variety of duties after training and rehearsal to accurately and consistently portray specific types of patients, knowing the history of their present illness, past medical history, physical exam results as well as their body language and their emotional and personality characteristics.
- Demonstrate interviewing skills with medical students, interns, residents, physician assistant candidates and others.
- Instruct and practice interviewing skills and some superficial physical assessment skills with medical students.
- Give feedback after interviewing.
- Evaluate and assess their skills and progress.
- Simulate a variety of clinical scenarios including a patient's appearance, demeanor and affect, communication style, chief complaint, symptomatology, past medical history, and physical findings.
- Deliver feedback in person, by hand, by computer or PDA.
Requisition Number: 401513877
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 837 STANDARDIZED PATIENT/PATIENT ACTOR
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time / Part Time: PART TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires ability to understand and follow instructions. Work requires ability to memorize and be improvisational. No acting experience is required but is preferred.
No acting experience is required but is preferred.
Auto req : ID106517BR