Patient Care Technician Associate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To provide in-depth clinical, technical, and clerical support to Mott’s interventional radiology service; involving pre procedure, procedure, and post procedure patient care, patient scheduling and data entry.
- Be the point of contact for referring services, patients and families for Mott Interventional Radiology (IR).
- Schedule procedure and clinic appointments in MiChart for Mott Interventional Radiology.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of Mott IR patients, including contacting patient/family and ancillary services.
- Manage phone calls, paging and communication between requesting providers and Mott IR providers. Respond to pages and phone messages to Mott IR. Coordinate requests from referring services.
- Communicate pre-procedure information to Mott IR patients/family, including sending out procedure itineraries, lab requests and pre-procedure preparation and instructions.
- Obtain procedure requisitions and present to Mott IR physician and PA providers.
- Coordinate Mott IR activity with other Interventional Radiology activity, procedures, resources.
- Set up procedure room, equipment and procedure trays/supplies as directed.
- Provide non-sterile support during procedures.
- Maintain inventory and stock in all procedure rooms and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain inventory and stock the Mott IR procedure travel cart.
- Obtain previous Radiology reports (eg CT, MR, US, IR) regarding Mott IR patients.
- Review MiChart for patient lab data, history, medications and allergies. Relay results to Mott IR physician and PA providers.
- Assist with post procedure room clean up and turn over.
- Ensure proper specimen preparation, handling, documentation and transport to lab.
- Enter post-procedure data in MiChart.
- Promote and facilitate positive communication from/with the Mott Interventional Radiology service.
- Assist with the coordination of Mott Interventional Radiology daily activities to optimize work flow.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Two years of patient care or equivalent work experience in medical procedures.
- At least one year of patient scheduling experience
- At least one year of clerical experience in a public setting including computer and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking sills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Days - 40 hours weekly
C & W Mott Interventional Radiology
Ann Arbor, 48109-4252
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.