Assistant Women Gymnastic Coach
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is accepting applications for an Assistant Women’s Gymnastics Coach. This position reports directly to the Head Women’s Gymnastics Coach and is responsible to perform duties in accordance within University, Conference, and NCAA rules, regulations and policies.
- Support student-athletes in pursuit of academic goals.
- Contribute to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Train and develop student-athletes.
- Assist with team practice plans and competition strategies.
- Serve as a liaison to assigned support units.
- Represent the Women’s Gymnastics program at various University functions.
- Other duties as assigned the the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous coaching and/or gymnastics experience at level 10 and elite club or NCAA Division I level.
- Ability to identify and recruit qualified prospects who can succeed academically and athletically.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics and the University community.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.