Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate, Kraydel Limited
2 days left
- Full Time
Based in Belfast, Kraydel is a new and ambitious company focused on enabling independent living for the elderly and other vulnerable people. We’re building a TV connected sensory device that has environmental sensors and the intelligence to detect and learn the activities of daily living and alert carers to short, or long term behavioural changes that indicate risk Along with this we give elderly people access to simple-to-use video conferencing, text and picture messaging to reconnect them to the outside world and address the loneliness that is becoming the single biggest health risk to those over 70 years of age.
Kraydel’s product will begin beta trials later this year but we have a substantial roadmap of features already stretching to 2020. Many of these features are based on advanced technologies such as Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Affective Computing, Avatar/Chatbot technology.
To exploit these opportunities, the company has joined forces with Ulster University to appoint a highly skilled and motivated individual to lead an exciting, Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project which aims to research, review and extend the core underpinning AI algorithms, as well as developing an intuitive Chatbot voice interface, whilst applying best practice usability engineering principles for Kraydel’s modular low-cost platform and service solution to support the emotional health and wellbeing of the elderly as well as enabling them to live safely in their own homes.
As a KTP Associate on this project you can expect to:
- Work on a highly innovative project
- Gain valuable experience interacting with/learning from industry leaders
- Develop marketable and highly transferable skills
- Earn a competitive salary
- Benefit from a dedicated £12K support package for your development/training, travel and equipment
Applicants should hold an honours degree in Computing Science, Mathematics or Software Engineering (or cognate discipline), with a placement year and/or work experience. In addition, a higher degree in computing science or cognate discipline would be desirable. He/she should have good skills and experience in three or more of the following areas: client and server side software development; user-centred design, UX and usability engineering; Agile software development; successful management of timelines and targets; evidence of logical thinking, innovation and problem solving. Experience of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and the Internet of Things would be desirable.
The appointment will be for a period of 3 years and the associate will be based at the company’s premises in Belfast.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Belfast
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Belfast
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Belfast
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Belfast