Peer- Assisted Learning Facilitator, Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Salary Package: $38.53 per hour (HEW3)
- Appointment Type: Casual
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) has a number of opportunities for Peer- Assisted Learning (PAL) Facilitators.
Applications are invited from current students enrolled in FSE programs to lead groups of up to 20 students in PAL sessions in 2019. These roles will be undertaken under the supervision of the PAL Supervisor.
If you feel that you have the ability to assist the Faculty’s Learning and Teaching team in this domain, please consider this opportunity.
Positions are available in the following units:
COMP115: Introduction to Computer Programming
COMP225: Algorithms and Data Structures
ENGG150: Electrical and Mechanical Principals
ENGG255: Data Analysis and Visualisation
HLTH108: Introduction to Anatomy
HLTH109: Anatomy of Limbs and Back
PHYS140: Physics 1A
PHYS143: Physics 1B
STAT150: Business Statistics
STAT170: Introductory Statistics
MATH130: Mathematics 1E
- Current enrolment in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Macquarie University
- Achievement (or anticipated achievement) of a Distinction or High Distinction grade in the nominated unit (must have been enrolled and passed or is currently enrolled in the nominated unit)
- Completion or anticipated completion of at least 24 credit points for an undergraduate degree and completion of 9 credit points for a postgraduate degree by end of 2018
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (on the 4.0 grade scale) or 5.25 (on the 7.0 grade scale)
- Must be available for compulsory 14 hours (2 days) training in late Feb 2019 (date TBC – usually during O Week).
- Must submit cover letter by addressing the selection criteria (no more than two pages) and a copy of latest transcript to be considered
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV, current academic transcript and a separate cover letter (maximum two pages) that demonstrates how you meet the below selection criteria.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to other students and have a variety of life and work experiences
- Demonstrated positive outgoing attitude with a commitment to excel
- Demonstrated understanding of Peer-Assisted Learning (PAL) objectives
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without supervision and as part of a team
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be entered onto the Faculty PAL Facilitator Database and will be contacted directly where there is an appropriate match of skill base, disciplinary background, availability, and demand. Inclusion in the database does not imply that employment is guaranteed.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
Specific Role Enquiries: For further information about this position please contact Michele Gairn - firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about PAL program, please visit: https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/peer-assisted-learning
Applications Close: For sessions commencing in 2019 applications will close on 15th of November 2018.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Professional Services jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Professional Services jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Professional Services jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Sydney