Research Support Administrator, Outcomes Measurement, Centre for Social Impact
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. We aim to catalyse change by drawing on our foundations of Research, and Education and translating knowledge, creating leaders, developing usable resources, and reaching across traditional divides to facilitate collaborations.
About the role
- A$71-80K per annum (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
- 3-year contract
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- CSI UNSW Sydney (Kensington) office
- Willingness and flexibility to travel domestically
We are seeking an energetic, organised and collegiate junior researcher who has excellent administrative and event coordination experience and is passionate about contributing to catalysing positive social change and contributing to this new project.
The Research Support Administrator will provide administrative (including event coordination and training delivery) and research assistance to CSI research projects focused on outcomes measurement and capacity building and the Amplify Social Impact project.
Amplify Social Impact™ (Amplify) is an innovative, world-first solution to tackle the root causes of complex social problems to create a more equitable and just society. Amplify will catalyse and facilitate sustainable systemic change, by creating an approach and online platform that will help move the sector away from siloed responses.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a degree in Social Science and an understanding of social impact content areas such as outcomes measurement, social change, and systems thinking.
- Have experience providing research assistance in areas of relevance to CSI, including outcomes measurement, data collection, or qualitative/quantitative data analysis.
- Have experience providing effective office administration support and event coordination support (including event organisation, registration management, on-site logistics, etc).
- Have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to teach users how to use tools, technology or research findings.
- Utilise your initiative and flexibility in methodically approaching problem solving
- Be excited about, and committed to, the future direction of CSI, our culture and our values.
An applicant for this role must be an Australian citizen or have Australian work rights for the duration of the fixed term role and will be required to undergo a pre-employment qualification check prior to appointment to this role.
Applicants should systemically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Megan Day, Operations Manager - Centre for Social Impact
Applications close: 23:59 on Sunday 18th November 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity