Professional Teaching Fellow/ Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor
Department of Statistics - Faculty of Science
The Department of Statistics is the largest in Australasia with thriving undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes and a strong PhD programme. Our staff lead ground-breaking research which is recognised internationally and spans a broad range of theoretical and applied fields.
The Department of Statistics invites applications for Professional Teaching Fellow/ Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor to join our team in July 2019.
About the role
Successful applicants will be expected to teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in our growing Data Science programs.
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor appointments carry the expectation of supervising student-led research projects and PhDs, developing their own independent research programs, and participating in the organisation and running of the Statistics Department.
Skills and experience:
- A PhD in Statistics or a closely related field is desirable for Professional Teaching Fellows and required for the other positions
- Evidence of excellent teaching, ideally at the undergraduate level, is desirable for all positions and required for the Professional Teaching Fellow
- Experience of teaching large (>100) classes is desirable for all positions
- The Department is particularly interested in recruiting Researchers with interests in Bayesian statistics, biostatistics, data science, forensic statistics, machine learning, statistical computing, and data visualisation
- You will be confident in using R, and other statistical computing platforms
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand's leading University and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world's most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through the following:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks' annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services
How to apply
Inquiries may be made to Professor James Curran email@example.com
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
Applications close Thursday, 31 January 2019.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities