Research Associate, UNSW Water Research Centre
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The UNSW Water Research Centre (WRC) is part of the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of New South Wales and is a focal point for activities at UNSW related to water and wastewater research.
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest School in the Faculty of Engineering with over 3,300 students and an operating budget of over $23 million. The School has 48 full-time academic staff, 30 professional and technical staff, and 80 research only appointments. The School’s mission is to develop well-educated graduates with the essential skills, attributes, and knowledge that will enable them to practice as professional civil or environmental engineers; and to conduct research and development of international distinction to meet the needs of the discipline, industry and society. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.civeng.unsw.edu.au/
The Research Associate will provide research input to projects relating to urban stormwater management, specifically in integrated urban water modelling, Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) planning, and also the establishment of a green laboratory for technology development.
About the role
- Level A $93,578 - $100,090 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- 1 year fixed term contract
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
Level A Responsibilities
- Conduct research in the area of stormwater management with a focus on three areas, including water sensitive urban design planning, integrated urban water modeling and green laboratory establishment for conducted related experimental work for green technology development independently and independently and as part of a team
- Contribute to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals and progress reporting to other researchers and industry partners
- Liaise with industrial partners both in Australia and overseas (China), with regard to their perceived needs and required actions on the research and linkage projects
- Contribute to the preparation of research proposal submissions to funding bodies and actively seek collaboration with industry partners as appropriate
- Assist with the coordination of research activities and actively contribute to research outputs to meet project milestones
- Assist with the supervision of research students in the research area, where required
- Participate in and/or present at conferences and/or workshops relevant to the project as required
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others in the university.
Selection Criteria for Level A
- Ph.D. (or in progress) in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related area in Engineering, preferably in the area of water sensitive urban design
- nterdisciplinary background, preferably including some or all of the following: urban planning, environmental management, engineering, and economics
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision
- Experience in developing, testing and validating computational models applied in the stormwater management area
- Experience in programming (Python) and Geographic Information Systems
- Experience in development of integrated urban water management models, and application of these tools for WSUD planning
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships with research partners, government and industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students, including experience in effectively managing various project stakeholders;
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Pre-employment checks required for this position including qualification verification.
For further information about the position, please contact:
Kefeng Zhang– email@example.com
Applications close: 2nd December at 11 pm