Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Occupation, Environment and Safety
Full time, fixed term, 3 Years
$98,059 - $138,340 (ALB/ALC) plus 17% superannuation
In 2017, Curtin University climbed into the top 200 universities worldwide, placing it in the top one per cent of tertiary institutions in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius.
Established in 1979, the School of Public Health leads positive change in public health and wellbeing in Australia and the broader Asia-Pacific region. The Occupation, Environment and Safety division within the school conducts health and safety technology, occupational hygiene and related research. Research areas provide staff and students with access to modern industrial equipment that enables complex, cutting-edge projects.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity exists for you as an experienced Health and Safety educator to join Curtin’s academic cohort. You will be involved in:
- Teaching at the Bentley campus as well as short/intensive periods offshore
- Undertake nationally and internationally competitive and high quality research in the discipline of Occupation, Environment and Safety.
- Supervision of Honours/Postgraduate student(s)
You will bring to the role
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching Health and Safety including but not limited to legislation, ergonomics, injury management and environmental health
- A track record of research publications in a relevant field
- Environmental Health qualifications accredited by Environmental Health Australia
- Industry experience in either Health and Safety or Environmental Health (or both)
- Active membership of relevant professional bodies
- A track record of attracting research funding
What we offer you
Faculty of Health Sciences offers an exciting career path including:
- Innovative work that will make real-world health differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For more details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal reconciliation, gender equity, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process; please advise us if you require access assistance.
Explore some more
For further information please contact, Associate Professor Ben Mullins on 08 9266 7029, B.Mullins@curtin.edu.au or email Curtincareers@curtin.edu.au.
Applications close: 5 pm, Monday 3rd December 2018
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.