Shared Services Assistant RMIT Connect and Student Life
- Convenient CBD Location
- Full-Time, Fixed Term Position until 29 Nov 2019
- Seeking a passionate and approachable candidate to join our team!
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
We have three teams committed to transforming the student experience, with two key objectives: improve student experience and sense of belonging and improve the ease and effectiveness of student service delivery. Our teams are:
- Student Life - who are committed to nurturing and supporting student-led, diverse, inclusive and distinctive experiences, and creative and sporting activities, to help students to belong, to find friends, explore their passion and to find their place at RMIT.
- Student Service - who provide information, advice and guidance to students via multiple channels with a commitment to providing high quality support and service to assist students navigate life at university.
- Student Partnerships - ensure that the student voice is represented and heard in our University decision-making through working with RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) on a range of issues and priorities and managing the Student Service and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Led by the Director, RMIT Connect & Student Life, we have a great team of passionate and talented staff working to deliver our objectives
The Role & Your Responsibilities
Do you answer a question with a question and always listen before you speak? Are you approachable, reliable and always on time? Do you think outside the box when forming a solution? Are you proactive and self-motivated, knowing an answer to a question before its even been asked? If this sounds like you, then we want to you!
You will be responsible for supporting RMIT Connect and Student Life's staff through supporting back-of-house operations and administrative tasks. This is a key role in ensuring RMIT Connect and Student Life teams receive efficient and effective administrative support and that the University's administrative policies and procedures are followed and actioned in a timely manner.
We are a passionate, fast-paced team with lots of energy and passion and for the right candidate, we can offer work flexibility, we just ask that you are available to work Wednesdays.
Skills & Experience Required
You are passionate about delivering high quality customer service and going the extra mile. You will demonstrate experience in working accurately with detailed information and providing high-level administrative support in a university environment or similar large and complex organisation. You will have the drive to achieve own and work team goals and priorities, with a focus on continuous improvement.
To view a position description, please visit our careers website http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au or for further information please contact Asta Wilson, Coordinator, Customer Service on (03) 9925 0211 quoting job reference # 571398.
Applications close on Sunday 11th November 2018.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.