In support of a department or program, applies knowledge and skills to resolve complex non-routine administrative problems independently or with others.
- Interpret departmental and divisional policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions in the name of the department or division head. Operate with the authority to affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices.
- Independently generate complex and detailed presentations and reports.
- Control and maintain records of departmental or divisional contract and budget expenditures informing appropriate staff members of financial status of various projects and/or in matters of significant financial impact. Identify and manage potential vendors and review qualifications of each.
- Assist and advise department or division head and staff members on administrative problems. Compile reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Support business operations and strategic planning with analysis and recommendations based on data.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of designated employees reviewing completed work for adherence to instructions or correctness. Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401512392
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1004 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general educational background normally equivalent to a full high school education plus two years post-secondary education in a business-related field.
Work requires 4 years related business or administrative experience to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID 106342BR