Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Pediatric Cardiac Cath Lab at Duke University Hospital is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
Applicant will have the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art pediatric and congenital cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology lab. Procedure rooms due to be completely renovated this year. Excellent team of nurses and techs dedicated to the care of patients with adult and congenital heart disease.
Pediatric experience preferred.
Work Hours & Shifts:
- Procedural start time is 7 am. Regular procedures scheduled Monday through Friday. No scheduled weekends or holidays.
- Five 8- hour shifts or four 10- hour shifts will be considered.
- Participate in call rotation for weekends and holidays.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
As a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. May perform any of the following: Basic diagnostic catheterization procedures on adult patients with known and suspected congenital and acquired cardiac and peripheral vascular disease. Basic interventional procedures which may include any of the following: PTCA, stent prep and placement, IABP placement and operation. Basic EP procedure may include any of the following; EP studies, implantation of pacemaker, ICD, BIV ICD and ablations.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- A graduate of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate academic program in health science (including, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or nursing)
- Must have documented competency in interpretation of EKG and hemodynamics.
- Cardiac Catheterization or Electrophysiology Lab experience preferred.
- Allied health professional experience in cardiology preferred.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- RCIS, RCES, or IBHRE certification within 24 months of hire and remains in active status Basic Life Support Certification required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification required within 6 months of employment
Requisition Number 401513601
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4013 CARDIOVASCULAR INV. SPEC I
Job Family Level F1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Duke Health Highlights:
Duke University Hospital Profile
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2016, Duke University Hospital admitted 41,408 patients and had 1,119,151 outpatient visits. U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2016-17. Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
Auto req ID 106466BR