Research Technician in Dermatology
A research technician II position is available for a highly motivated candidate in the Department of Dermatology at Duke University in Durham, NC to perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting laboratory tests, experiments and determinations in support of Duke University research operations.
- The candidate will perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting physical,chemical, biological and other research laboratory tests, experiments and determinations to obtain data for research purposes.
- Compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Perform mouse work, maintain mouse colony, handle human tissues and cells under sterile and non-sterile conditions.
- Prepare culture media,chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Obtain, prepare, mount and stain skin and other tissues for microscopic examination.
- Expertise in clinical research, molecular biology, cell biology,biochemistry, cell signaling, and/or immunology as well as prior experience with mouse models is strongly helpful but not required.
- Prior work experience with mice, IHC and IF, flow cytometry, and tissue culture are a plus but not required.
- Responsibilities will also include in vitro experiments, database maintenance, and lab maintenance.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain laboratory equipment, generate and maintain written experimental lab protocols.
- Ability to keep accurate records, excellent organizational skills, and a high degree of professionalism are critical.
- Review work of lower level laboratory personnel within designated areas and assist in training new personnel.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Self-directed, ability to work independently and meet deadlines, attention to detail.
Requisition Number: 401513509
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or other science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106555BR