Job Code: 4242
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Stanford Graduate School of Business is seeking a graphic designer with expertise in PowerPoint to support faculty in producing course materials and other academic presentations. Applicants should expect that at least 70% of time will be spent using PowerPoint, with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Google slides used as needed. 90% of work is done on a Windows PC. Designers will work directly with faculty, requiring the ability to visually represent academic content and teaching goals ranging from specific, complex equations and graphics to overall concepts. Experience in creating and editing advanced charts and graphs required. Please submit a portfolio and cover letter that describes what “design for understanding” means to you. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Under general creative direction, take responsibility for projects from client contact through delivery.
- Produce complex illustrations, graphics, images and photos for design assignments.
- Create the artwork and design for a variety of platforms, including layout for digital projects, starting from an initial concept and thinking in terms of broader solutions.
- Work closely with a project manager and design team in order to complete project using pre-established specifications.
- Maintain quality control of content, and support design strategy and execution.
- Use job-required software applications and mediums to develop and design materials according to defined requirements.
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- May coordinate with multiple clients to develop themes and designs to achieve desired results.
- Create content specification and design guidelines.
- Coordinate workflow between design development and vendors and print shops to evaluate quality and process.
- May provide guidance to other staff or contractors.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards, trends and state-of-the-art technology to provide and enhance services.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and three years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic design principles.
- Ability to work around an initial concept and think in terms of broad solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of job-required software applications and mediums, including browser usability and cross platform compatibility.
- Ability to present a portfolio that reflects creative work.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and customer needs.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge in industry standards, trends, and technical knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ride sharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.