Patient Care Technician Associate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provide routine paramedical, clerical & technical assistance related to MRI procedures including: entering patient information into the computer, scheduling patients, assisting with patients throughout, preparing patients for MRI, assist with monitoring equipment and preparing diagnostic contrast media for procedures.
- Start IVs and venipuncture.
- Inventory management and maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent. At least one year patient care or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques, infection control and universal precautions.
- BCLS certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Medical assisting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of safety around magnetic fields is preferred in the MRI environment
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
C & W
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.