Nursing Program Coordinator
Nursing Program Coordinator - Research– Duke University Health System – Day Shift
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Program Coordinator who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Nursing Program Coordinator for Nursing Research would assist with the management of day to day operations for DUHS Nursing Research and Evidence-based Practice Program. Responsibilities include providing educational programs to staff and leadership across DUHS regarding Nursing Research and EBP, and working with staff and the Nurse Scientist to develop, implement, and disseminate evidence-based practice change to improve patient outcomes and staff culture to meet DUHS Nursing Strategic Plan priorities. Ideal candidates would have knowledge of adult learning principles, experience in implementation and dissemination of EBP projects, knowledge and/or experience with developing and/or implementing nursing research studies, experience presenting and engaging staff in educational presentations, be flexible and have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills. BSN and 3 years of nursing experience required.
- Develops and implement educational programs related to Nursing Research and EBP for Duke Health
- Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning implementation, and evaluation of education programs
- Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools
- Assists learners in the assessment of needs and identification of Clinical Ladder outcomes projects
- Serves as a role model to promote excellence and safety
- Develops evidence-based educational materials and Clinical materials
Serves as Nursing Research/EBP consultant to facilities and projects relating to Nurse Residency Clinical Ladder and academic mentoring
Plan, develop and implement goals and objectives of DUHS Nursing Research in conjunction with nursing executive leadership and Nursing Research Scientist
Consults with staff regarding individual projects
- Conducts and/or contributes to nursing research
- Interprets, communicates, and incorporates research findings
- CITI prepared and member of DUHS Institutional Review Board
- Participants as an active member of the Research Council
- Facilitates the adult learning process, creating a climate which supports learning
- Identifies and recruits internal and external resources for nursing research and evidence-based projects
- Plan and coordinate meetings with students and staff to ensure compliance with established nursing research and DUHS criteria
- Facilitates change for Duke Health
- Ensures that Nursing Research projects are congruent with organizational missions, values and goals
- Maintains flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities
- Interprets and communicate across multiple professions
- Promotes a safe and healthy work environment
- Maintains required educational or clinical competencies
- Integrates ethical principles in all aspects of practice
- Serves as a role model for education and research
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Monday – Friday day shifts
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- BSN Required
- 3 years of nursing experience
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina required. BLS required.
Requisition Number: 401511788
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 5064 NURSING PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level: F2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Duke Health Highlights:
Duke University Hospital Profile
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2016, Duke University Hospital admitted 41,408 patients and had 1,119,151 outpatient visits. U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2016-17. Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
Auto req: ID106288BR