Duke Eye Center – Main
This position provides routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a health system and medical practice. Position assists medical providers in the examination and treatment of patients in a clinical setting. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform patient intake reviewing medical history, taking vital signs, medication reconciliation, confirming purpose of visit.
- Direct and accompany patient to exam room; assist with facilitation of patients
- Prepping patients for retina injections
- Perform Cleaning and sterilization on instruments
- Obtain authorizations and schedule PDTs/TTTs for patients in WQorders
- Prepare, gather clinic notes, and obtain consent forms and instructions, as per medical provider request.
- Return patient phone calls/messages and check in baskets daily
- Clean clinic exam rooms per practice protocol
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; restocking of medications.
- Adhere to professional standard, policies, procedures of JACHO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff
Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required, 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting preferred
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification by AAMA or AMT required. BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms
Requisition Number 401443930
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Shift First Day
- Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level I -- No experience required.
- Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
- Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting. Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting .General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID