Department Name Research and Graduate Studies
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The executive assistant is required to provide high-level administrative support to the Director and related sections of the Press, by providing high-level admin support and liaising both internally and externally in a professional, effective and prompt manner. The EA will be required to organize meetings and take minutes. S/he will be required to support the Press with any related admin requirements, meetings, teleconferences, travel etc.
- To provide high-level administrative support, including calendar management and dealing with correspondence.
- To process, coordinate and track of the completion of required administrative tasks.
- To assist the director of the Press with administrative and clerical tasks, including but not limited to filling administrative forms, allocating website enquiries and responding to customers, stakeholders, collaborators and associations.
- To receive calls of the Press, register press enquiries and allocate them on the team.
- To maintain sustainable relationship with customers in order to increase overall production and sales.
- To assist the recruitment of newcomers, liaise with HR to fulfil related admin requirements, interviews…
- To assist, guide and train newcomers about QU Press procedures and policies and ensure office space and requirements.
- Manage team building projects and employee relations requirements.
- To liaise professionally, timely and constructively with the QU Press director and team members in a way to foster team building, trust and respect among members.
- To attend meetings as assigned by the Director, to take minutes and follow up on actions.
- To standardize official letters and communications sent to governmental, non-governmental, international institutions in both English and Arabic.
- To translate communications and policies related to the director’s office.
- To assist the director and team with travel arrangements and approval processes with QU VP offices.
- To assist the director with international and national conference participation.
- To ensure that all official correspondence and files are systematically archived and dated, to facilitate search and tracking.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree, master degree is an advantage, preferably in business administration or other related fields.
- Arabic (required)
- English (required)
- Acquires a minimum of 3 years experience in administration, preferably in a university setting.
- Customer service oriented and has a positive, professional and collaborative attitude with the team.
- Strong evidence of expertise in editing letters and communications in both English and Arabic.
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with authors, clients and team.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 06-Jan-2019