Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist
Department Name Research and Graduate Studies
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Marketing and Communications specialist will be responsible to implement marketing campaign plans for the Press. He/she will be required to coordinate and attend events for the Press. He/she is required to collect marketing related information for the creation of plans and strategies that are aligned with the target audience of the Press. He/she is required to connect with prospect partners, collaborators and agencies in order to increase the possibility to expand the market segment of the Press. He/she is required to implement the sales approach, coordinate conference participation and placement of advertisements, writing of press releases and newsletters, social media and other means.
- To propose and implement the marketing and communications plan.
- To coordinate marketing, advertising and media campaigns.
- To propose draft marketing content for the promotion of the Press locally and internationally by all possible and available means including website content, videos, etc...
- To propose draft press releases advertisements and coordinate the production of promotional videos.
- To coordinate events and activities that improve the corporate image and branding of the Press.
- To appropriately connect with prospect direct and indirect partners, collaborators, authors and other stakeholders.
- To work on the promotion of subscriptions and contact with agents, vendors, indexing and abstracting services, and libraries.
- To coordinate the production, design and content of marketing collaterals including brochures, newsletters, flyers, gift items etc…
- To handle the social media of QU Press.
- To coordinate the production of promotional tools and videos for the Press in collaboration with other sections of the Press.
- To draft and coordinate the newsletter of the Press.
- To collect relevant web metrics and readership data such as page-views, most cited and read articles, etc…
- To create marketing data bases of each of the stakeholders of the Press.
- To perform and coordinate any other related activities to the sales and marketing process of the Press.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree, Master is an advantage, in business administration, media, advertising or related fields.
- Arabic (required)
- English (required)
- Additional languages is an advantage
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a university setting.
- Previous related work experience in a publishing press, journal or magazine is an advantage.
- Demonstrates the ability to professionally connect with prospect authors and collaborators with the Press within Qatar and beyond.
- Experience in the design and editing of compelling marketing material.
- Multilingualism is an advantage.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 06-Jan-2019