ServiceNow Technical Lead
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Services
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 (HEW 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The ServiceNow Technical Lead will lead the architectural management of the ServiceNow platform. The role will be pivotal in ensuring ServiceNow design and implementation decisions are technically sound, feasible, manageable and are in line with the broader roadmaps and priorities.
This position will be part of the ServiceNow Solutions Team and work closely with fellow team resources, including Product Manager, Product Owners and Development Teams. This role will work closely with other parts of University Services, particularly Enterprise Architecture to ensure ServiceNow development is sound and aligns to the objectives of the University.
As the ServiceNow Technical Lead, this role with also provide mentorship and development oversight of fellow ServiceNow developers to ensure developers are following best practice standards and processes.
- The appointee will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (or above) certification
- ITIL qualifications with service management experience in an operational environment
- Agile certification will be highly advantageous
- Strong experience working as a ServiceNow technical authority in a large organisation
- Extensive experience with implementing and integrating complex information systems
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow, including extensive experience with large-scale ServiceNow implementations
- Evidence of establishing ServiceNow as an enterprise service management platform and development platform for custom applications spanning across all services areas (e.g. IT, HR, Finance) of an organisation
- Extensive experience in enterprise application software development including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support - a thorough understanding of the SDLC
- Information systems experience in a complex organisation, preferably within the higher education sector
- Demonstrated experience in release management, environment management and configuration management.
- Experience working within an Agile environment and practices that provide continuous delivery and value based prioritisation of work
- Strong evidence of establishing best practice governance practices and processes to managing a ServiceNow platform and development capability in a large organisation
- Proven leader and mentor of a development team consisting of both junior and senior developers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation, adapt to change, and high degrees of initiative to meet service expectations, and handle multiple assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
Please note: Salary range is a guide and is negotiable.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 01 Nov 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Nov 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time