Lecturer in Learning Intervention, Specific Learning Difficulties
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $98,775 - $117,290 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government, and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia’s education system. Within MGSE, the Learning Intervention team conducts research and teaching associated with learning difficulties, disability, deaf education and inclusive education practice and policy.
The MGSE is currently seeking a Lecturer in Learning Intervention who will be expected to contribute to the teaching and engagement priorities of MGSE. The appointee will contribute to MGSE’s teaching programs, particularly the Master of Learning Intervention and Master of Teaching subjects run by the Melbourne Graduate School of Education. The ability to influence and stimulate the student experience through the use of innovative teaching and learning approaches, and to supervise minor project students is expected of this role.
In this teaching and research position, you will:
- Show expertise in literacy and numeracy, particularly working with students who have learning difficulties or disorders;
- Demonstrate success in teaching and engagement with education sectors and relevant professional associations;
- Demonstrate a high degree of independent work, minimum supervision and problem-solving skills connected with project management and balancing of the demands of applied research, teaching and community engagement; and
- Contribute to service roles within MGSE and The University of Melbourne (UoM).
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of exceptional and highly talented staff at the MGSE.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Applications close: 29 Nov 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time