Research Assistant, Centre for Eating Disorders Innovation
Karolinska Institutet, MEB
The Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (MEB) is among the largest departments of epidemiology in Europe with special focus on increasing our knowledge of the aetiology of different diseases. Our department consists of researchers, doctoral students, biostatisticians, data collectors and database administrators as well as administrative personnel, in total some 250 staff. The department is situated at campus Solna. Further information can be found at ki.se/meb
The Centre for Eating Disorders Innovation (CEDI) at MEB was established under the auspices of the Swedish Research Council. We are dedicated to applying novel and emerging methodologies and technologies to elucidate causal mechanisms underlying eating disorders.
Workgroup and duties'
Duties will cross all ongoing eating disorders projects including CREAT (discordant MZ twin study of anorexia nervosa), IMA (longitudinal study of anorexia nervosa), BEGIN (large-scale genetic study of bulimia nervosa and binge-eating disorder), and studies on the genetic epidemiology of eating disorders and related phenotypes.
Specific duties will include:
- Assisting CREAT, IMA and BEGIN teams in day to day activities such as packaging, mailing, updating documentation.
- Translating documents, questionnaires, and diagnostic instruments to and from Swedish
- Data transfer
- Guided data handling, quality control, and file preparation
- Technical assistance with manuscripts
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as psychology, nutrition science, computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, biology or similar subject. Prior experience in eating disorders, nutrition, psychiatry, or genetics is highly desired. Fluent Swedish and English are required.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills, considerate manner with patients and colleagues, organized, efficient, unflappable, efficient, flexible in dealing with unpredictability and changes.
- The position is for 1 year with possibility of extension.
- The application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- Curriculum vitae and qualifications, presented in accordance with Karolinska Institutet’s qualifications portfolio (http://ki.se/meritportfolj), or
- A complete list of publications, if any
- A summary of current work and experience (no more than one page)
- Three references
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Its vision is to significantly contribute to the improvement of human health. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences.
The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment Accoding to agreement
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-6016/2018
Sara Tiste, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bengt Fundin, email@example.com
Cynthia Bulik, firstname.lastname@example.org
Virpi Leppä, email@example.com
Henry Wölling, SEKO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ulrika Zagai, SACO, email@example.com
Ann Almqvist, OFR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date 16.Nov.2018 11:59 PM CET
More searches like this
- Temporary Computer Science Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sweden
- Temporary Engineering & Technology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sweden
- Temporary Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sweden
- Temporary Psychology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sweden
- Temporary Social Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sweden